Sunday, January 25, 2015

Hippochondriac Review - a childrens' book?


Recently I had a chance to read and review this little book, called Hippochondriac. So I gathered my 6 year old to read it together. The book is about a baby Hippo who was 'ABSOLUTELY SURE that he was dying,  with every little thing that came in flying... '. I could somewhat relate right off the bat. My 6 year old was entertained just with all the pictures alone. However I wasn't sure what age group this book was for. I am in my 40s and time to time I do think that I am dying with every aches and pains I get, but I surely do hope that my kid isn't obsessed about that. And he was taking it lighthearted. Dying? Hahaha..... Very funny. OK, maybe I am a lot bigger hypochondriac and that's the fact. It's an interesting little book to teach kids not to obsess about every little thing, but just to mention that my 6 years old kid was a little confused about the Trojan horse analogy and other 'adult' words and play of words that regular 6 years olds are just not yet equipped to understand. This was a small challenge for me to explain. For example, how do you explain the word 'Hippocrates' or 'happylepsy' to a kid? All in all, this book is a bit confusing. I was not sure who was the target audience. Kids? I don't think this book is suitable for kids. Adults? Not sure if adults buy this types of books. I don't know. I wanted to love it because the title sounded promising. But I can't say that I did. Keep in mind that this is just my opinion and you may love it. It's personal preference. You can buy it on Amazon by clicking here .

No comments:

Post a Comment