Monday, April 27, 2015

Green Smoothies: The Weight Loss & Detox



This book is a must for those who would like to make a conscious and healthy food choices in their life.  I am not really into smoothies but was curious to try what is all that buzz about. I tried a few recipes and must say that they were tastier that I thought. Especially when I used almond milk and bananas in them.  

I must confess, I am not a big veggie eater and this was a big switch. Neither is my son, but I would like to find a way to make him eat veggies. When I mention 'broccoli' it almost sounds like a worst punishment in the world. But the smoothies I made were quite tasty, filling and kept me full and energized for a few hours. 

Green smoothies is a key to weight loss. I do need to lose about 20lbs and I am not delusional about that, but once you cross over 40, it's so hard. I followed with my smoothie diet for a few days and lost about 2-3lbs. Pretty good if you can stick with it for a long time, but for me, it's just the discipline, that I don't have. I would definitely recommend this book for detox cleansing days to give your body a rest, as well as get ready for the summer. It contains a number of recipes and everyone definitely will find a few favorites. 
Would like to get a copy. Follow this link. Amazon offers it for only $2.99

No comments:

Post a Comment